1. For the chlorate ion ClO3- what are the oxidation numbers of Cl and O respectively?
2. Determine the correct oxidation numbers for all elements in Ca(ClO)2 in the order that the elements are shown in the formula.
3. Which of the following equations does no represt an oxidation- reduction reaction?
a) 3Al + 6HCl = 3H2 + AlCl3
b) 2H2O = 2H2 +O2
c) 2NaCl + Pb(NO3)2 = PbCl2 +3NaNO3
d) 2NaI + Br2 = 2NaBr +I2
e) Cu(NO3)2 + Zn = Zn(NO3)2 +Cu
4. True or False, Hydrogen is oxidized in the folowing chemical reaction
H2(g) + Cl2(g) = 2HCl
5. True or False, Thorium oxide is reduced to thorium metal with calcium metal as shown below.
ThO2 + 2Ca(s) = Th(s) +2CaO