The "creature" has four points, and a creamy colored center. In the center, there is a hole. I poked it with a stick, and it was hard and firm. I crushed it up and on the bottom of my basement floor, there is a white mark with 8 points stuck on the ground. My basement was recently flooded, but i don't see how it could some through my CLOSED garage door! If anyone, knows ANYTHING, please help me!
It sounds like a starfish or an octopus or fungus but I don't live near a lake. Find some help on Internet on how to deal with the tenticles so you don't get stung. Bleach (so long you test the area your going to put it on) or maybe baking soda should get rid of the mark left by the creature. You'll need humidifiers to get rid of damp too if the walls are soaked in water.
It probably somekind of bacteria that clump to together in that spot because something is dripping (probably water) from your ceiling or a pipe hiting the exact position of those points you mentioned . just scrap it off and disinfect the floor where it was then get a plumber to find out where the drips are coming from and fix it. if your basment is cold it mite just be condensation accumulating then running down to the lowest part of the ceiling and finaly driping off feeding the bacteria so maby buy a dehumidifer.
ps: Im no expert so i dont no but maby ask an expert if the bacteria if it a heath hazard if it actualy a fungi the spors could cause breathing defficulties and even kill you (in the long therm)