1) After the Tet Offensive in Vietnam, President Johnson
A. chose not to run for reelection in 1968.
B. escalated the bombing of North Vietnam.
C. decided that the US had a good chance of winning.
D. refused to consider a peace agreement.
2) How are the views of the narrators similar in “Facing It” and “Not a Dove, But No Longer a Hawk”?
A. Both narrators discuss the negative impact of war on the innocent civilians.
B. Both narrators oppose American involvement in the Vietnam War.
C. Both narrators are critical of the treatment of veterans after the Vietnam War.
D. Both narrators are saddened by the harsh realities of the Vietnam War.
3) Richard Nixon was a president who
A. immediately followed John F. Kennedy in office.
B. inherited overwhelming national challenges.
C. was committed to staying in Vietnam.
D. had the backing of liberal Americans.
4) Who planned and conducted the Bay of Pigs invasion?
A. The invasion was planned by Eisenhower and conducted by the US Army.
B. The invasion was planned by the CIA and conducted by Cuban exiles.
C. The invasion was planned by Kennedy and conducted by the Cuban army.
D. The invasion was planned by anti-Castro Cubans and conducted by the CIA.
5) In the late 1960s, what did members of the counterculture share with many other American citizens?
A. a respect for police officers
B. a disrespect for all authority figures
C. a concern about the Vietnam War
D. an opposition to private ownership