I'm doing an art project and am having difficulties finding things I could use in my piece. Any facts will help a lot!
For many people, much of what they think they know about GLBT people is based on the myths they've heard about them, not the realities. Sorting out the myths and realities can lead to greater self-awareness which motivates us to learn more and become accepting of those whose sexual orientation may be different from our own.
here are some facts :
•According to the American Psychological Association, homosexuality is not a mental disorder. Most of the problems LGBT members have with coming out are due to a feeling of alienation in an unwelcoming environment.
•1 million gays and lesbians are military veterans.
•Currently, 1 million American children are being raised by same-sex couples.
•Same-sex couples live in all states and 99.3% of counties within the U.S.
•61% of Americans believe that transgender individuals should be legally protected from discrimination.
•According to a national poll, 80% of Catholics do not think it is their place to judge an same-sex couples’ love or commitment to one another.
•More than half of all Fortune 500 companies offer health benefits for their employees’ same-sex partners.
•Up to 1% of the U.S. population has been confirmed as transsexual.
•The LGBT population is not only concentrated in big coastal cities. Some of nation’s largest percentage of same-sex couples by county live in Colorado, Missouri, and New Mexico.
•Nationally, 10% of men and 10% of women 18-44 consider themselves to be something other than heterosexual.
•There are currently over 700 LGBT clubs and groups on college campuses nationwide.
• People who are lesbian, gay, and transgender can usually be identified by certain mannerisms or physical characteristics.
• In a GLBT relationship, one partner usually plays the "husband" or "butch" role and the other plays the "wife" or "femme" role.
• Most people who are lesbian or gay regard themselves as members of the other sex.
• Homosexuality is not "natural," that is, it does not exist in nature; therefore this proves it is dysfunctional.
• People who are GLBT should not be teachers because they will try to convert their students to their lifestyle.
• There are very few "bisexuals;" most people are either completely homosexual or heterosexual.
"For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it." -Matthew 19:12
"Eunuchs" in the Bible are basically "Homosexual" beeteedubs (Google it). God was the first to say "Baby, you were born this way"