The most wonderful guy in the world declared his love to me, but I declined, even though I had fallen in love with him as well. Why is it that I am to afraid to say yes?
Hello ...may be bcoz either u r scared of being in a relationship bcoz of some bad relationship in past or may be ur focus more on ur career and u r scared to take this step .what i would suggest is don't think too much if you really have feelings for him ..juzt tell him yes .we hardly get across someone who really loves us ..I want to know why u r not saying no ..wht is the thing is stopping you getting closer to him
I understand how you feel I'm in your situation as well. I'm now engaged to my first love and I've never been in a real relationship ever. I said yes because I know he's the guy I want to be with forever. I think you are just worried about it not working out because you're so young and I felt that too before I said yes but then I thought about it I thought about how he treats me and the type of man he is. If your boyfriend treats you with respect and you trust him completely then he is right for you if not then he isn't. Just always remember you are young and you have plenty of life to live don't try to rush something if you don't want it to be rushed. And if you tell him no not yet if he truly loves you he will understand! Just remember everything happens for a reason! :)
I also felt the same way before! To answer your question? Maybe It's just because You are not ready Or Still observing Him cause your afraid that maybe He is just making Fun of yours and Maybe You will get hurt! It's your decision :D Do not be mad to your self just because you said "No"! It's a choice :)
Well, it's different for everyone. Here are a few I can name:
• You might be afraid that you're gonna be obsessed with him, and he will leave you. (For example; he's gonna cheat, he's gonna pass away, he won't love you anymore, etc.) Simply, you don't want to be disappointed. You might be scared to have a boyfriend after breaking up with your previous ones (If you have any.)
• You're afraid of, if you break up with him, you and him might not be in a close relationship together anymore, not as best friends, and not even as friends, but as strangers. You might lose your friendship relationship with him forever.
• You're afraid that you're gonna be bored with him after actually accepting his love (Because some people do that, they might get addicting to a certain game, but then get bored and never play with it again.)
• You're insecure, or rather, shameful that you have him as your boyfriend.
• You just like him, you don't love him, you JUST like him, you just admire him as a person, not as a man.
• You don't like some of his relatives/or they hate you (That probably would've make you/them hated them/you even more!)
• You know someone who likes him, and you don't want to offend that certain someone that you're actually in love with this man/became his girlfriend/you're afraid thay someone might hate you for that.
Hope this helps; good luck! ^^