I have a pet mouse that I got about 2 months ago from PetSmart but when I got him he had mites but they cleared up within two weeks no problem. Just yesterday he was making strange noises so I went to check on him and he scratched his face and back to the point of bleeding. So I researched and it's possible because of the new Aspen bedding so I switched his bedding to paper because that is hypo-allergenic. He has a bad gash on the side of his face that made his eye swell to half close. I put Neosporin on all of his wounds. Is it safe to give him Benadryl to help with the allergic reaction and pain?