Well the title is pretty self explanatory.... please answer I'm quite shy and need good advice :))
Well, talking to the guy is kinda important, but I'm up for a challenge!
Here are a couple of things you can do:
1. make sure that he sees you being confident-- guys are attracted to confidence
2. make sure that you distinguish yourself from the Girl Gaggle, don't be another face crowding around him, guys will notice the differences more than the similarities.
3. Eye contact! Make eye contact with the guy and smile, make sure he knows that you NOTICED him-- one of the biggest problems guys have is they need to make all the moves, they need a little reassurance that someone will say yes if they ask them out!
4. Be around him, if you're around him already he's probably already noticed you, but if you have similar interests (don't fake it or force it cause it'll come off super creepy) join the same club as him or whatever.
5. Be open and friendly. Create a safe space for the poor boy.
If/when (this is the goal right?) you do talk to him, make sure you're not the high pitch girly girl, your voice should be lower pitched (not too low or else he may get intimidated!) and make sure you're not the giggly girl that can't come up with anything to say, (since you're shy, you'll probably have trouble saying stuff-- I know I do) but make an effort not to go too crazy-- he's probably not thinking that you're being too quiet, it's more likely that he is too nervous to have anything to say too!